Trackpad....Again

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by dtot, Apr 2, 2009.

1. dtot macrumors newbie

Yes I know there have been a lot of threads about this issue but...

My Unibody Aluminum Macbook (Oct 08, 10.5.6) is driving me crazy...

Basically, Trackpad clicks are going about 20% Registered. Yup. Thats 8 out of 10 with no response. The taps are better, but I'm having problems with that too. I use an USB mouse, which works perfectly, but the trackpad is still a problem. It was not too bad before i'd say 1 out of 100 click didnt register, but tuesday, it went DEAD. I gave up after ~200 clicks and restarted the computer, only to be unable to click my username to login. I managed to find the key to prompt my password after hitting random keys and finally logged it.
    The problem is SEVERE, its super hard to drag stuff without the USB mouse, which I can't really carry around to class.

I'd want to return it to applecare, but finals are coming up and no computer is NOT an option.

Anyone else experienced this problem to the point where usability is questionable?
    What do you think I should do? Will Apple actually repair it?

2. KnightWRX macrumors Pentium

KnightWRX

What do you think the warranty is for ? Of course Apple will repair it. At this point, it seems your only option is to either drag a USB mouse around for your finals or just make do without a computer for the time of the repair.