Trackpad and Keyboard Malfunctioning after Waking up from Sleep

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Nintenmac, Aug 14, 2009.

1. Nintenmac macrumors newbie

Okay, I closed my display on my MBP and it went to sleep then about ten minutes later I came back to it to check my mail and when I opened it back up it came out of sleep mode the normal dialogue box came up asking for my password and when i typed it in only every third key press was registered. So I just had to be persistent and i was able to enter in my password and it worked, however then it went to my desktop and I went to open mail and the trackpad wasn't working at all. I used spotlight to open activity monitor and check to see if something wasn't responding but everything looked fine, then after that I then force quitted activity monitor and relaunched finder and the trackpad still didn't work so I just restarted and now everything is fine but I am wondering what happened because I would prefer this to not happen when I really need to use my computer, So does anyone have any ideas of what might have gone wrong.

Thanks in advance,

~Nintenmac

2. lord patton macrumors 65816

lord patton

I've had this problem 3-4 times in the last week (pretty intermittent—I sleep my MBP many times a day). Did you ever find a solution, or did it go away?