Trackpad and keyboard not responding in OSX

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Aberen, Dec 28, 2008.

1. Aberen macrumors newbie

Hello there. So, this morning when i woke up and powered on my Macbook pro the keyboard would not respond. Nor did the trackpad.

So, naturally i think this would be a hardware issue, but it turns out both work out in the EFI and in bootcamp.

Anyone heard of this issue before?

2. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

no doubt the drivers deleted themselves somehow, just take it to your macstore and the Geniuses will fix the problem for you without you loosing anything

3. Aberen thread starter macrumors newbie

That's gonna be hard. We dont really have mac 'stores' per say in Denmark.
    Anyone have somewhat easy solution to this?

4. D A macrumors regular

I'd try resetting the PRAM first. If that doesn't work maybe a OS X reinstall will.

5. Am3822 macrumors 6502

Am3822

Same thing happened to me an hour or so ago -- all of a sudden, while I was watching a movie the trackpad and the keyboard stopped responding. The rest of the computer worked fine (i.e., the movie played, I could use an external mouse, etc.).

It all went away after a 'hard' shutdown (held the power button down until the machine powered down) and when I checked the console log there were no related messages.

The computer in question is a 3rd generation MBP 15.4 (C2D 2.4, Nvidia GPU) running 10.5.6

Any ideas?