Trackpad and palm rest protection for RMBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ninad, Jul 5, 2012.

1. ninad macrumors member

Hey guys,

Small help is it same size of uni body MBP? or is it different? If its different can some one point me to it?

Thanks

2. HighEndMac macrumors regular

I'm not 100% on this but I think it’s all the same size besides the thickness. Its obviously thinner.

3. iLikeTurtles! macrumors 6502

moshi palmguard, though its not out yet for macbook retina

i wouldnt use a track gaurd, the thing is made of glass it'll never wear down

4. Yuke macrumors member

TwelveSouth, on the FAQ page for their SurfacePad palmrest cover:

http://www.twelvesouth.com/products/surfacepad/tech-specs/
    This seems to indicate there's at least a little difference.

5. ninad thread starter macrumors member

6. Fortimir macrumors 6502a

Fortimir

Yep. I contacted them about it a few weeks ago and they are working on a rMBP version.

7. BlazednSleepy macrumors 6502a

I'll use clean hands and clean my macbook pro from time to time. Palm guards seem completely useless let alone trackpad guards.

8. 01mggt macrumors 6502

I have bene curious about this as well. The main thing being the trackpad guard. Mine on my 2008 mb started to look worn out over the years from that infamous shiny look. But at the same time I am wondering what effect these guards have on the feel of the trackpad itself. Does it cause it to lose that wonderful glide it has?

9. that user macrumors member

This will sound strange or gross to some but I have very soft, moist hands that tend to get very sweaty while working on a warm metal Macbook Pro. I had discoloration and stain issues on my 2005 Macbook Pro and also my early 2008. This is the only option I could find online and I ordered it. If this search is still going on I'll write how it is.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008CFWUJY/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

10. ninad thread starter macrumors member

today i received reply from Moshi customer service saying they are going to launch in few weeks and it will be updated on their facebook page

"To keep updated, follow us on our Facebook page as this is where all of the new products are announced - http://www.facebook.com/moshimonde."

11. Dragvinz macrumors member

Ive actually just tried installing the old moshi trackpad, and it works perfectly fine!

12. ninad thread starter macrumors member

ohh great but i will wait since they told me they are going to come up with specially for retina soon

13. Dragvinz macrumors member

haha, cant wait, gota protect my rmbp in the meantime:cool: will replace if needed later~

14. that user macrumors member

I just received this a couple days ago.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008CFWUJY/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

...and it's pretty perfect. I had those vinyl ones on my old computer but this is a harder plastic that is translucent gray metallic color that has the exact same texture as the computer and it blends in perfectly once put on. You can't tell that there's anything on there unless you look at the edge right under the speakers.

I didn't use the trackpad cover that it comes with cos I don't see a use for it on glass.

15. Herrow macrumors regular