trackpad/arrow has a mind of its own.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jamesdunn310, Jan 8, 2012.

1. jamesdunn310 macrumors newbie

hey there... got a macbook pro with osx 10.6
    2.26ghz intel core 2 duo, 4gb 1067 mhz ddr3.
    i'm also running windows xp via bootcamp.
    at least half the time my mouse is so unresponsive that the computer is unusable.
    the arrow skips horizontally across the screen; my finger does little to nothing.
    when i plug in a logitech mouse it tends to work a little better.
    funny thing is, there is no mouse problem whatsoever for the first few minutes after i turn my computer on. then like clockwork it starts.
    this makes me think it's not a hardware issue. but i could easily be wrong, i'm sure.
    i read somewhere that logitech mouses give macbooks trouble, so that could also be it.
    i reset the PRAM, which seemed to work all day today; had no trouble.
    but just restarted the computer and hallelujah here we go again with the skipping.
    any help is much appreciated.

2. MarkMS macrumors 6502a

When did you buy the MBP? If it's still under the 1 year warranty, take it to an Apple store. I've had two friends to which this happened to them. I reset the PRAM, reinstalled the OS and even did a full format and started them with a fresh install of OS X. None of those helped them. Luckily they were both covered by the standard AppleCare warranty. Turned out to be a faulty hardware both times.

They complained of the same mouse quirkiness. It would go away, but only to come back after a while.