Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

1251division

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 8, 2012
http://www.ebay.com/itm/iMac-27in-L...2648242?pt=Apple_Desktops&hash=item3f202b4cb2

Is a trackpad better for a larger screen? I have never considered this before, or what the advantages may be. (See selling point in linked listing--not mine--and try to ignore the price!)

[I happily have a 27" on order with a trackpad (mainly to help deal with CTS), and will be my first Mac since my old G4.]

Thanks for your opinions and advice!

dwmc

macrumors newbie
May 15, 2012
I think those of us that spend 8 hours or more a day sitting at our computers wind up with both. My trackpad usage is probably 10X my mouse usage on my desktop hackintosh (pair of 24" monitors), and I never use a mouse on the macbook pro. Everyday stuff and desktop navigation... trackpad, in no small part due to the all of the gestures being ingrained. But there are times I need the mouse.

Similar boat... not CTS, but early arthritis in my right hand from damage incurred in a car accident. I can't chug a mouse all day long without suffering some pain. The magic trackpad has been a relief for me. On other operating systems I've been using a Logitech Cordless Optical Trackman for years for the same reason. I also can't type on the Apple desktop chiclet keyboards all day long. I wish I could, I like the way they look. My primary keyboard is a daskeyboard Model S Professional with a custom keycap set and 40A dampening rings from wasdkeyboards.com. My secondary is a Unicomp Spacesaver M.

All of these things are personal preferences, of course. I couldn't live without the magic trackpad; the gestures have become critical to me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.