Trackpad border marking the screen

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by elephantnut, Aug 31, 2015.

1. elephantnut macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

Just wanted to check if anyone else's trackpad border was faintly scratching their screen. I was cleaning the screen and it there were some faint dots on it that couldn't be wiped off. They lined up with the left and right edges of the trackpad. It was more evident on the left side than the right side. Anyone else got this? I think I'm gonna be putting a microfibre cloth between the trackpad and the screen, starting today.

Also, does anyone have some faint creaking when squeezing between the palmrest and the bottom of their MacBook? :S

2. kfscoll macrumors 65816

kfscoll

Ugh, that sucks. I just bought a Radtech Screensavrz to avoid that exact thing.

3. elephantnut thread starter macrumors newbie

Seems a bit pricey. It's good to know it exists though, might get one some time down the line. I keep findings bits of dust or lint stuck to the screen whenever I close the lid. It's annoying.

4. kfscoll macrumors 65816

kfscoll

Pricey? It's only $15. Are we looking at the same thing? Regardless, even if it were $50, it'd still be a whole lot cheaper than replacing a scratched-up screen.

5. Aquamite macrumors regular

Aquamite

6. ApolloBoy macrumors 6502a

ApolloBoy

Yes, because he went and handmade every single MacBook by himself.

Anyway it sounds like an isolated issue to me. I've never had that issue with any of my Macs so it could be just a little manufacturing defect.

7. Aquamite macrumors regular

Aquamite

He designed every single one. If this happens to be more than an isolated issue and keeps happening to more users I would expect Apple to launch a replacement program.

8. brand macrumors 601

brand

If the down vote button wasn't removed I would have used that instead I'll just have to live with this post to show my disagreement.

9. Aquamite macrumors regular

Aquamite

Thanks.

10. kfscoll macrumors 65816

kfscoll

Don't hold your breath waiting for that. This isn't even close to the first time that Apple notebook owners have complained about the keyboard and/or trackpad marking the screen after frequently opening and closing the computer. If it's a big concern then buy a keyboard cover/screen protector that'll eliminate any worries.

11. RUGGLES99 macrumors 6502

Just use the keyboard cover that came with the macbook.

12. TyPod macrumors 68000

TyPod

Haven't noticed anything on mine, although I haven't done a thorough inspection. The more closely I look to more flaws I will find :)