Trackpad Button and Registering Clicks and Headphones Questions

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Aboo, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Aboo macrumors 6502a

Hi Guys,

Have been playing around with the MBA for about a day and a half now. A couple of questions which I wanted to see if they are to be expected:

1) When using the trackpad and the trackpad button, I have noticed that the button only registers clicks when pushed in the center. Pushing the button on the far right or far left doesn't register a click. Is this normal?

2) I am using the Apple in-ear headphones occassionaly to listen to a dictation that hasn't been transcribed yet. I noticed that the volume up/volume down buttons and the play/pause button don't work on the MBA, but do work on my MBP. I was wonder if someone had a pair of these headphones or even the Apple iPhone earphones, would you be willing to test it on your computer and see if the volume up/down and play/pause buttons on the headphones work?

Thanks again!

2. soph macrumors regular

My trackpad button registers in every position pushed, not only in the middle, so no, it's not normal.

Don't use headphones myself, so sorry, can't help you there...

3. Aboo thread starter macrumors 6502a

Soph,

Thanks for the quick response. After spraying some compressed air into the crevices surrounding the trackpad button, the trackpad button start working no matter where I clicked. So there must have been some debris that prevented it from registering clicks.

Anyone have suggestions regarding the headphones?

4. stoconnell macrumors 6502

The headphones only work as headphones. Apple chose not to include support for the extra inputs on the headphone jack on the MBA.

5. Aboo thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ah ok - thanks for letting me know.

6. Aboo thread starter macrumors 6502a

Is this the infamous grey lines issue?

Attached Files: