Trackpad button screwing me up!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Andy348, May 19, 2009.

1. Andy348 macrumors 6502

I've always had a problem with my trackpad button. I only use one side of it (the right side) and I use it a lot. This caused the other side to not have the "click" sound whenever I pressed it, but I didn't mind. Then, only today, the clicking on the right side, mainly near the top, did the same thing. It fells squishy and it doesn't properly press. Sometimes it barely even moves.

Since its stuck half way (my assumption), it goes haywire whenever I move the computer slightly. I made sure my hand is away from the trackpad while typing too. While writing this post, it has highlighted half of it, clicked off the page, etc. Very annoying!

Is there a simple way to fix this or must I go all the way downtown to bring it to the Apple store?

2. Sheeds macrumors member

Sheeds

I have the same problem, though I hardy notice it anymore, it's only when other people use it do I remember.

What you could do is buy a whole new top for your MB/MBP base, I found a bunch on eBay for under $50, and they're simple to replace.

3. I3eXa macrumors 6502

I think there is alot of us with that problem and mine does the same thing. Really starting to piss me off and makes me wanna sell it and get a newer macbook.

4. Gerry R macrumors newbie

you'll probably have to take it to the apple store, but they may not fix it for free. because its not classified under accidental damage, apple care wouldn't cover it.. and i agree with buying one off of ebay. they're too expensive from apple.

5. I3eXa macrumors 6502

anyone have a quick how to on replacing the cover??