Trackpad buttons take about 4-5 clicks before they will actually register the click

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by oxfordguy, Nov 5, 2014.

1. oxfordguy macrumors 6502a

I have an annoying problem with my 2012 Macbook Air, the trackpad "buttons" take about 4-5 (audible) clicks before the computer actually recognises that I have indeed made a click. Used to work fine, i.e. always on first click.

Any suggestions? The machine is still under a 3 year warranty, but my nearest Apple Store is quite far away, so don't want to have to head over there, unless really necessary.

2. joshlalonde macrumors 6502

joshlalonde

My suggestion is to take it in.
    Sorry.

Tell me, though; if you enable 'tapping' instead of clicking, does it work just fine?

Either way, you have a warranty, so might as well use it.

3. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Yep, take it to Apple.

I dislike the trackpad except for gestures and always use a separate mouse:apple:

4. oxfordguy thread starter macrumors 6502a

When at home and able to use a desk, I use an external mouse too (a Razer Deathadder), but this isn't always convenient, especially when travelling.

I'll take it to Apple, it's just a bit of a pain to get there, then to have to wait a week or more to get it fixed...

5. motrek macrumors 68020

I can't stand clicking the trackpad so I avoid it. Turning on "tap to click" is the first thing to do when I sit down at any Apple laptop.

6. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Have mine set to do the same but still prefer a mouse.

----------

Sorry you are having this problem, they should be able to fix or replace for you.

I am the same I will use a mouse at a desk of table but the trackpad if in the lap, but the iPad Air 2 has pretty well replaced my Air for recreational use.

7. oxfordguy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Can't play most of the games I want to play on an iPad, though :-(

8. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Sorry, I am not into games. I spend any free time I have offshore, fishing.:)