Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mozzacheeze

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 7, 2009
Hi folks,

My understanding of the MPB's unibody trackpad is that the top half of the trackpad is supposed to be used for scrolling, swiping etc.

However, my problem is that the top half is now also registering any and all touches as clicks. Touching the top half of the trackpad with two fingers performs a right click and a single click is a standard click. This is highly annoying as now when I scroll, if I stop scrolling over a clickable object it will click as soon as I go back to scroll, move or swipe. Problematic.

It's been happening for a couple days. late-2011 MBP 15" unibody.

I will now hit submit below by tapping one finger in the top half of the trackpad on the submit button.

Anyone have a suggestion for a fix?

Raunien

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2011
The macbook pro unibody trackpads have always been designed so that the whole thing clicks. However, the lower one is more sensitive/easier to click.

If you are worried about sensitivity, download bettertouchtool and you should be able to adjust the sensitivity of individual places on the trackpad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.