Trackpad Clicking Noise

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mistergutsy, Feb 27, 2017.

1. mistergutsy macrumors newbie

I have a mid 2014 MacBook pro and the right half of the trackpad clicks really loud and it sounds sorta hollow like it echoes after you click, whereas the left side clicks like it usually would. It's hard to describe but the left side seems to absorb the noise when you click and the right side seems to click back in a loud way. It is very annoying to hear. I dropped the MacBook off my bed a couple months ago and the whole trackpad made the weird click noise, and then it fell off my bed again a couple days later and it fixed the left half of the pad. Does this mean something is broken? and can it be fixed? thank you

2. Sanpete macrumors 68020

3. Willo34 macrumors regular

Willo34

4. john.simatos macrumors newbie

My friend and I run a repair for macs and iPhones. We learnt off YouTube, it seems complicated but it really isn't. It's actually extremely easy just do as they show you - honestly.

I should clarify I'm not saying your problem specifically is an easy fix, but if you find a solution, and you don't want to take it to apple. Just try it, always disconnect the battery though lol. It's hard to do damage.