Trackpad clicking sound?

heyholetsgo

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 27, 2009
Hey guys, when I little tip my finger on the trackpad of my new MBA, it makes a clicking sound. My old MBP did not do this and it annoys me. Is it a common issue? Should I return it?

Thx!

heyholetsgo

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 27, 2009
Well, when I put my finger LIGHTLY on the trackpad, it makes a little noise, as if there is a 1mm gap between the pad and whatever is below. When I turn the notebook upside down and do the same it is even more obvious. It is obviously loose... Anybody else had the problem?

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
Well, when I put my finger LIGHTLY on the trackpad, it makes a little noise, as if there is a 1mm gap between the pad and whatever is below. When I turn the notebook upside down and do the same it is even more obvious. It is obviously loose... Anybody else had the problem?
I know sometimes the trackpads are not completely flush (and they should be). If that is the case, take it back :)

coolio93

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2013
Houston, TX
Take it back. my new MBA doesnt do this.

Killerbob

macrumors 65816
Jan 25, 2008
My one year old MBA started doing this, and I wonder if you took your back, and if so, what did they say/do?