Trackpad double click, please help

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Just1fy, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Just1fy macrumors newbie

Hello i have a problem with my trackpad or mouse, I have to double click everything in order to execute a normal single-click. I dont know whats the problem but im quite sure its some setting because it wasnt like this when i first bought it a week ago. it the same using my mouse.(not a apple mouse)

If i click somewhere at any window and then click at the exit window button it counts as a double click, its like i have to activate the trackpad with a click, its real annoying specially when i play fps games.

And sorry if i posted this in the wrong thread , wasnt sure where to post it.

2. therussell182 macrumors newbie

therussell182

Because you are having the same problem with both the trackpad and the mouse, this is most likely a setting within the software.

Try going to "System Preferences" ----> "Mouse/Trackpad".
    When you reach this pane, view and adjust the settings to your liking. This will most likely fix this problem.

If you can't fix the problem via this method, it may be an error within the software and you should bring it to the Genius Bar.

3. Just1fy thread starter macrumors newbie

Well the method didnt work.. so i guess ill have to try the genius bar, dunno what it is though? could you explain?

4. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

Genius Bar is the support desk inside the Apple Stores. Maybe give AppleCare a try 1st if you have it.

5. Just1fy thread starter macrumors newbie

I do have warranty left on it, soo what ill have to do is give em a call i guess. i recently installed "steermouse" though, thought that that was the source of the problem, but i threw it in the trash and still no solution.

6. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

I know people go on about resetting something called PRAM but i'm a bit of a div so i don't know about that.

7. Just1fy thread starter macrumors newbie

A well doesnt matter, i quitet about 3-4 programs and it solved the problem, dunno if it was cinch that was the problem, but now its worked atleast =) thanks all for your help :D