trackpad ergonomics

Discussion in 'iMac' started by PaulCostello, Mar 29, 2012.

1. PaulCostello macrumors member

im noticing some talk on the trackpad VS magic mouse. I'm in favor for mouse, since I'm feeling some discomfort using the pad. Maybe I'm not using it right? Maybe I'm not laying my hand on it properly? If you feel comfortable using your trackpad, please tell me how you're positioning your hand? on it? near it? thanks for input:confused:

2. Soulflower macrumors regular

Soulflower

I'm with you. The tilt of the magic trackpad is not comfortable to me.

3. driftless macrumors demi-god

driftless

It took me a full week to get used to it, now I don't use the mouse.

4. UTMAC macrumors newbie

I started with the mouse and moved to the trackpad. After a week or so my hand got used to it, but my wife still uses the mouse, she doesnt like the trackpad.

5. Seamaster macrumors 6502a

Seamaster

The muscles in your hand have adapted to mouse use. They take a few days to adapt to trackpad use. I felt the same way when I first started using the Magic Trackpad, now there's no way I'd ever go back to a mouse. So last century.

6. Razorhog macrumors 65816

Razorhog

I started having wrist pain from using a mouse all day. Switching to a Magic Trackpad was a big enough change in the way I hold my hand to alleviate the pain.

7. battlekid macrumors regular

I prefer the mouse, but I don't like Apple's solution, so I bought a Logitech G500 and I haven't turned back.

The "Magic Mouse" feels weird (although the touch scrolling is slick), and the trackpad is useless for anything but web browsing (and sometimes, it's useful for Photoshop).

8. Traverse macrumors 603

Traverse

How do you position your hand. I am trying the pad, but I have wrist fatigue from tilting my hand up above the pad and hovering my fingers.

9. danniexi macrumors 6502

At first, I've much preferred the magic mouse that came with the iMac. After purchasing an macbook air, i've gotten so used to the multi-touch gestures of the trackpad, I had to get one for my iMac as well. I now use the trackpad exclusively on my iMac for pretty much all uses.

I've since purchased a logitech mouse for the iMac (light gaming) and use the magic mouse with my laptop when needed for my mobile setup.

10. sugardrum macrumors newbie

I use the Apple Trackpad, but rest my wrist on a mouse bean -

http://www.mousebean.com

I find it really comfortable, even without using the attachment that usually fixes it
    to a mouse as it tends to just stay fixed to my wrist anyway and glides across the desk when I go to use the keyboard.

11. Oldmanmac macrumors 6502

Followed the link. Two things:

1. Doesn't appear to be available to the public &
    2. Must be a UK/Euro thing…..