Trackpad for leopard

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Udinpetot, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Udinpetot macrumors member

guys..
    just a quick question...
    i just had my macbook 2 days ago.., and im in transition mode from windows to mac...
    ive been irritated by the mouse acceleration at mac.., and if you dont know what i mean....., try move your mouse for 3 cm slowly and quickly..
    the distance it travels its different..
    any1 experiencing this stuff?
    and is there anyway to disable this?

oh yeah.., 1 more thing...., whats the graphic update about at 10.5.2?

2. SoLibertyDies macrumors regular

sidetrack allows you to use windows mouse acceleration if you're really that bothered by it. otherwise just toy with your sensitivity and see what you can work out.

3. EvryDayImShufln macrumors 65816

EvryDayImShufln

I am incredibly bothered by the same thing: I find its very unintuitive how the mac controls the mouse.

I use USB Overdrive to override the system control. You just need to install it, and its free. Set the "Speed" to 250 dpi or something and it will feel just like it did on windows.

Hope this helps

4. Udinpetot thread starter macrumors member

hohoho, nice guys..
    thx alot :), helped me alot
    and i got another question..
    just now when i inserted my flashdisk..
    suddenly a page appeared telling me to restart in different kinds of languages..
    is this normal?
    i didnt have a chance to save my data :S

5. landis macrumors regular

i love this feature

it allows me to either move it very little, or get across the whole screen in one swipe

maybe that is why i hate windows so much!!

6. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

No, that's not normal. It's the equivalent of a blue screen of death on Windows. If you see it again, post back here to the forums and we'll see what we can do.

7. Udinpetot thread starter macrumors member

will do...
    ouw, so there IS also blue screen for mac.., hahahah
    yeah probably the flash disk is dmged or somethin

btw.., can u alt tab in mac?
    ive been playing full screen games not knnowing how to alt tab :S

8. himansk macrumors regular

Its not so counter intuitive if you think about it, if you are trying to reach for something on the other corner of the screen, you will most likely do it by moving the mouse very quickly, so the OS will accelerate the mouse so that you dont have to move the mouse too much physically. When you are trying to hit a very small target close to your mouse, you will most likely do so by moving the mouse by small distance and slowly, the OS recognises this and slows down the mouse so that you can be more precise. Ask somebody who uses professional applications if this feature works for them, and they will agree that it is pretty good. Anyway, with time you will get used to it, unless you change it to windows style movement.

9. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

Yep you can, it's just the :apple: key and tab instead of Alt. :)

10. Udinpetot thread starter macrumors member

ouw icici, i think i disabled it already since it was bothering me while playing games in windows (misclicked with alt), thx :)

11. Udinpetot thread starter macrumors member

well
    professional doesnt include gamers then...
    like all counter strike players, out hands are trained to become so precised
    thats why the acceleration bothered us alot :S

12. DuRui macrumors member

Half life uses the same settings as Mac? that's interesting I thought games in general would over rule OS settings?

Haven't gotten around to installing games on my Macbook..thats why I'm wondering.
    I can see how this acceleration thing could be very bothersome while trying to blast somebody ;)