Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Revomonster

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 10, 2010
I have an apple magic trackpad on my late 2010 iMac. I did upgrade my operating system to 10.7, but a new problem has started recently. The main reason that I have a trackpad for my Mac is because I use the multi touch gestures quite a lot. One of the main gestures that I use, and have used and not changed since I had snow leopard is, the four finger swipe to either side for back and forward. It worked in my web browser, and in all other apps. It worked in Finder, and in all of the other system apps. Now, I changed for just about a day the three finger swipe between desktops to four fingers swipe between desktops, but I did not like it as much, so I changed it back. Ever since then though, the four finger swipe for back and forward in my browser and in everything else, is not working. Is there some way to get the multi touch gestures that were in os x 10.6 back? Or is there a way to make a four finger gesture for the previous page function without using a third party app?

Thanks,

iAppl3Fan

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2011
Have you tried configuring the trackpad back to the way you like it in settings?

Revomonster

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 10, 2010
Yes, I tried changing the settings exactly the way I had them before, But to no avail. Now, even though I changed the switch desktop action back to three fingers, four fingers still changes the desktop along with three fingers. I cannot get the four finger swipe to shut off. I tried bettertouchtool, it still switches desktop instead of doing the action that I set bettertouchtool to do.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.