Trackpad freezing/unresponsive on MBA

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by kiwiberie, Dec 27, 2011.

1. kiwiberie macrumors newbie

My wonderful family bought be a 13" MacBook Air for Christmas this year (yes as in just a couple days ago), it's a 2 GB rerferb model. After being turned on and in use for about 30 minutes the trackpad will freeze and become completely unresponsive. I am not able to click on anything. The keyboard will not work as well. The only fix I have found is to restart by pressing the power button, and it's fine for another 30 minutes or so after the restart.

I don't think it's a over heating issue, like I said earlier, it's happening after about 30 minutes of general use (mostly checking email, facebook, school stuff general internet browsing). Sometimes I know it's coming because if i am on a webpage that has adds the adds will start freaking out and flashing a lot.

If anyone has any ideas on what might be causing the issue and/or any ideas for a fix that would be awesome!

Thanks! :)

2. Oakmhcky21 macrumors member

Possibility

I have a 2010 Refurb that i got about 3 months ago. I had this same problem after returning home yesterday, where you could move the mouse around but not click anything. can't remember what exactly i was doing that caused it, but i realized my wireless mouse i use when it is connected to my tv had synced and when i grabbed that it worked fine, and afterwords my trackpad went back to normal. i would check and make sure no wireless mouses in the house are syncing to it for some reason.

W

3. kiwiberie thread starter macrumors newbie

great suggestion but...

I never thought of that! I do have a bluetooth keyboard and mouse for my Mac desktop, so i disabled bluetooth on the MBA. Unfortunately, it didn't help. This is my second attempt at posting, as the first time i tried it did the weird freezing thing.

4. Oakmhcky21 macrumors member

Make sure the click down part of the trackpad isn't sticking for some reason. most likely can't tell, but that does the same thing as my mouse was doing to me.

5. richard371 macrumors 68000

if you close the lid so it suspends and reopen it does it work? This happens about once a month to me and that is the fix.