Trackpad gestures

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by pieman02, Jul 7, 2007.

1. pieman02 macrumors regular

I just got a SR MBP recently, and although I dont plan on getting an iPhone any time soon, I just had to go play with one...

This made me wonder if anyone has made a new little gestures app for your trackpad that enables pinching gestures and such like on the iPhone - that would be very cool if possible...

Anyone know of any good trackpad gesture apps besides the old one that enables scrolling on older trackpads?

2. anti-microsoft macrumors 68000

Well...

If you click on the blue apple in top left hand corner, then click system preferences, then click on keyboard and mouse and then click on the mouse tab and check the box that says something like: place two fingers on the trackpad and press the button to right click.

Thats, I find, more useful than ctrl + click.

3. pieman02 thread starter macrumors regular

Right, I love that feature and have used it for a while, but I mean the pinching to zoom and stuff...was wondering if anyone has made a new little app that enabled some different gestures that Apple hasn't included...

4. polycat33 macrumors 6502

Do you have your settings so that tapping on the track pad doesn't click? Cause mine is just tap two fingers on the track pad to "right" click, which I LOVE and is way better than control click.

5. pieman02 thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, but this is what I am asking...you know the pinch gestures on the iPhone to zoom in and out. We don't have this on our notebooks, and I was wondering if it is possible to create one, or if someone already did. I am well aware of the right click dealy thanks :D

6. jakk2809 macrumors member

I have a newest MBP (SR) and there is a zoom with 2 fingers but it's nothing new. It's just another way to scrolling.

I hold ctrl and use the pinch gesture vertically. I keep my thumb stationary and move my index finger up and down to zoom in and out. It sorta feels like the iPhone gesture but you cannot move both fingers at the same time (it won't do anything if you do).

It would be nice if the next generation of notebooks have a multi-touch trackpad. Multi-touch could be as revolutionary as the mouse.

7. pieman02 thread starter macrumors regular

Heh yeah I guess this is close enough, I use it al the time (ctrl zoom thing) to watch little tiny quicktimes and stuff on the internet to make them bigger...

8. Blubbert macrumors 6502

This isnt exactly what you are looking for, however, you could try a program called xgestures. Its a shareware program and i use it frequently on my MBP.
    Still, i find it harder to gesture on the trackpad than just using the mouse for all my gesturing needs.