Trackpad guard - worth it?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by jwei, Nov 16, 2010.

1. jwei macrumors newbie

Hey guys, got my wrapsol in the mail, installed everything and love it!

Just wondering though, should I bother with this trackpad guard? It seems that the trackpad is made of glass so I'm debating whether or not to install. I do obviously prefer the natural feel but would be worried if I see wear on the pad over time.

2. lythium macrumors member

pretty sure glass doesnt wear down or corrode. its like gold. thats why they use it.

3. EggrollShop macrumors member

I don't see the point, it'll make using the track pad a lot harder since your fingers won't just glide through it plus as said in the post above mine, glass is easy to clean and doesn't corrode.

4. Appleind macrumors regular

Appleind

I also got my wrapsol yesterday for my MBA. I did not install it for the keyboard and track pad as they did not provide a complete cover for the alu areas around the key board. Looked pretty ugly with only half of the area covered so i removed it.

5. alau0115 macrumors regular

I have put it on mine for now though the texture is kind of tacky. I prefer the trackpad guard made by Power Support but it is not available or it would never be for the new MBA.

The Power Support one on my MBP has a softer feel and it is next to one without the film. Their version is just a dry install and it is much safer.

6. rubberwheels macrumors member

I only applied the top and bottom piece. Didn't bother with the trackpad or the inside.