Trackpad in Bootcamp

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by w00t951, Aug 24, 2010.

1. w00t951 macrumors 68000

w00t951

My Macbook Pro, along with what seems like all multitouch trackpads on Windows, has problems scrolling. In OS X, scrolling is smooth, predictable, and natural. In Windows, the page jerks around as if it's having a spaz attack. Does anyone know if there are any drivers or software that would improve the behavior of the multitouch trackpad in Windows? Thanks.

2. snaky69 macrumors 603

A quick search on google using the words multitouch update brought this up as the first result: http://support.apple.com/downloads/Multi_Touch_Trackpad_Update_1_1_for_Windows

Scrolling will still suck, windows is super sensitive and will still scroll stupidly fast, but at least it won't be jerky anymore.

3. cathyy macrumors 6502a

Odd. I've got an Early 2008 Macbook Pro and I find the scrolling even smoother than in OS X (more responsive). There's no jerking at all. I did change the 'Following number of lines to roll' option to 1 though. :p

It could also be due to the fact that I heard that some of the newer Macbook Pro models have some kinda 'intertia scrolling' thing. If you have that, then that's probably why it sucks. :(

4. w00t951 thread starter macrumors 68000

w00t951

My MBP is the original 2008 Unibody, and Inertial Scrolling is a software feature, not hardware. I just downloaded that update, and the scrolling seems to be a lot smoother.. Just not as natural as OS X. *sigh* Oh well, it's Windows. What can I say?

5. cathyy macrumors 6502a

You can say, 'crappy drivers'. Scrolling is very smooth and responsive for me under Windows.

6. rquick macrumors regular

Scrolling is crappy in Windows if you have it set for page scrolling. Like someone else said, try setting it for one line at a time. My MBP scrolls fine in Windows, but you don't get the inertial scrolling like you do with osx.

7. Matt Mac macrumors newbie

does anyone know if there is a way to achieve this? (the inertial scrolling)
    i've tried searching but i get pages of results of related information but not this.

thanks