Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stevieapollo

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 26, 2008
Whittier, CA
hello i just bought the new 17inch macbook pro the day they hit stores. i sold my 15inch unibody for the 17inch. i noticed that the trackpad on my new 17inch is not flush with the top casing... this is a little annoying. my 15 inch was flush and felt better. I was wondering if anyone else noticed this issue on there new 17inch unibody mbps? It doesn't feel very good at all. considering the price of the machine i was thinking about taking it in for a replacement since its just under 1 week old. any thoughts? does anyone else notice this issue? besides the trackpad i think it is a much better machine then the 15 inch and am very happy i decided to switch even tho i went from the 2.8ghz to the 2.66ghz cpu. thanks.:confused:

Next Tuesday

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2006
Orlando,FL
hello i just bought the new 17inch macbook pro the day they hit stores. i sold my 15inch unibody for the 17inch. i noticed that the trackpad on my new 17inch is not flush with the top casing... this is a little annoying. my 15 inch was flush and felt better. I was wondering if anyone else noticed this issue on there new 17inch unibody mbps? It doesn't feel very good at all. considering the price of the machine i was thinking about taking it in for a replacement since its just under 1 week old. any thoughts? does anyone else notice this issue? besides the trackpad i think it is a much better machine then the 15 inch and am very happy i decided to switch even tho i went from the 2.8ghz to the 2.66ghz cpu. thanks.:confused:

I woulda kept the higher end 15". But take it back if it annoys u. The sooner the better. If i were u, i would 100% check out the replacement in the store before u take it home.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.