Trackpad is hard to click..helpp!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by FCzenit, Jun 24, 2009.

1. FCzenit macrumors member

Just got my 13" MBP and right away I noticed that the track pad requires extra pressure to register a click. The force that i would usually press with, still makes a clicking sound but there is no response. I have to press it much harder then I pressed on any of the computers in the apple store. Is this just because its brand new or should I concerned and schedule a genius bar appointment?

2. robindahlia789 macrumors regular

just enable tap to click

system pref
    trackpad
    tap to click

it makes it a million times easier as well as the dragging option

3. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

If you believe it's not working correctly -- and especially if other trackpads are much easier to click -- then yes, I'd get it looked at.

4. vanc macrumors 6502

Use tap click is way easier than clicking the pad as button. No noise, too.

5. cdover macrumors member

(Hope this isn't patronising) Have you tried tapping at the bottom of the tackpad? You can't really tap from the middle up

6. designgeek macrumors 65816

designgeek

^By far the worst facet of what I consider to be a small disaster:mad:. It's much easier to click at the bottom and that's just how it is. I was hoping they'd fix it but I guess not.:(

7. ichiban06 macrumors regular

you could adjust the click sensitivity by removing the base and then the battery to access the trackpad's base which has a screw in which you turn to adjust the height of the trackpad making it easier to click.

8. FCzenit thread starter macrumors member

Does this by any chance void the warranty? Because I know it says do not remove battery on the battery.

9. MacModMachine macrumors 68020

MacModMachine

10. FCzenit thread starter macrumors member

Ok thank you everyone, I went down to the apple store and they said I did have a problem and exchanged it for a brand new one. Hopefully this one wont cause me any problems :D