Trackpad is making a noise when it is touched! 13" Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by JS82189, Apr 4, 2010.

1. JS82189 macrumors regular

Im using a 13" Pro, and when I touch the trackpad it keeps making this clicky noise. Like if I drum my fingers on the pad it makes a clicky noise!!! :confused:

2. pricej636 macrumors 6502

You do realize that you can not only tap to click, but also push to click as well right?

Sorry, I couldnt resist. A trackpad making a clicking noise... lol.

3. JS82189 thread starter macrumors regular

Not when I click, it makes a click sound when it is simply touched for a fingerswipe, not the computer, the actual trackpad..

its insanely irritating

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Have it check out at a Apple Store or by an authorized tech.

5. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

Well THAT takes all the fun out of tracking down the issue (no pun intended) (well maybe a little). :p

Check your trackpad settings in system prefs, too.

6. Licious macrumors newbie

I actually just went through this with my white unibody macbook. It sounded like metal tapping on metal clicking when i touched the trackpad, and it was very clearly not a normal noise. I tried to put up with it, but it was driving me crazy.
    I ended up taking it in a few times, and when no one could figure out what it was they actually replaced my whole machine.
    I highly recommend that you bring it into be looked at, because its the best way to get answers (and results!). I remember being really frustrated when I was having an issue, because there was no information on it in any forums, so I just wanted to let you know that it has happened to atleast one other machine!

7. Arrandale macrumors regular

Maybe it's one of the accessibility settings?

8. JS82189 thread starter macrumors regular

it has returned!!!! AAAHHH

I really hope they dont need to replace the whole machine

it isnt from the computer, its the trackpad itself, making a click everytime i even touch it, and like when I clikc it will normal click AND make this crackling click on top of it AHHH

Ill ask apple, I have used some cleaning wipes and I am *hoping* that it is just some dried residue that perhaps I can Dust-Off? the seam is really tiny so all that pressure should do the trick..

if it isn't some dried cleaner.. :confused:

9. bfritze00 macrumors newbie

Just encountered this problem and had to research after only seconds. my trackpad would tap to click properly but I heard the buzzing. But after I push clicked the whole pad once or twice it stopped.

Something inside there touching and making a lil 60-cycle-hum?

10. kockgunner macrumors 68000

kockgunner

omg... I have this problem too. I went through 2 top case replacements for my early 08 Macbook Pro which means 2 trackpad replacements and both of them did this except with the mouse button. I thought this issue wouldn't be a problem on the newer trackpads, but it's happening again! Why does every trackpad I touch hate me? It's not just the noise – this problem makes the trackpad feel cheap and not solid when pressed.

11. xkiter macrumors newbie

I'm having the same problem with a MBP 6,2

I'm having the same problem with a mbp 15" 6,2 it haves 5 months and it is doing this sound a lot of times but not only when I touch the trackpad also when I touch the keyboard or any part of the laptop so... anywhere!

It sound is like if the mac have any positive charge and it desapears when i touch it... it´s something electrical.

Anyone knows the solution? I'm going to have a look on the apple forum.