Trackpad is not working properly (New MacBook Pro 2016)

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by DrewK, Dec 24, 2016.

1. DrewK macrumors newbie

DrewK

It's my newmacbook pro 13,touchbar 2016. This issue happened three times today, day after buying it. When the issue happens, the trackpad moves the cursor around as normal but will not respond to a tap or a click, funny thing is I can click top part of screen and some of bottom parts. A restart get it working again. Should I exchange this ? or do you guys think it's just software issue that could be fixed. Also when the issue happens, I feel like it is little bit lagging.. (just using websites at that moment). I will call apple service tomorrow but I would like to know others opinion that exchanging is right answer or just let this fixed, because I am not sure if they can fix this out perfectly because I have no idea when this issue gonna happen.

2. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Why did you old type everything? Did you setup the System Preferences for the trackpad to your selection?

3. GlennRay36 macrumors newbie

See the MacRumors thread on how a "pregnant" battery can affect the functioning of a trackpad.

Or you can pull out that Bluetooth trackpad, turn it on and ignore the one in the laptop. But you better have left Bluetooth activated on the laptop before the trackpad stopped working.