Resolved trackpad is reversed in LION?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by GodofDeath, Jul 27, 2011.

1. GodofDeath, Jul 27, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2011

GodofDeath macrumors member

So is it just on my macbook or in Lion that the trackpad is reverse. When I two finger swipe down the page goes UP, and two finger swipe up that the page goes DOWN.

Is it me or everyone else?

2. Tearabite macrumors regular

Tearabite

Clearly you havnt been keeping up on things.. :eek:
    This is normal, and a new feature of Lion.. You can turn it off in Preferences..

3. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

You're now moving the content rather than the viewer. Push up, page goes up. Pull down, page goes down.

I much prefer it after using it for some time now.

4. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

It took me a few days to get used to it but it kind of makes sense. The only problem is now when I go to work I have to switch back to old school and it then takes a few attempts before I realise "I'm scrolling it wrong!"

5. GodofDeath thread starter macrumors member

o cool its changeable then good

6. paulsalter macrumors 68000

paulsalter

it's a bit confusing

I have deliberately had it turned onto natural scrolling all afternoon to try and get used to it

My head hurts now :(

7. jc1350 macrumors 6502a

I've been tempted to turn "natural scrolling" back on, but having to work with Windows and Linux, I think it would drive me crazy.

8. Shawnpk macrumors 6502

The main problem for me is if you turn natural scrolling off, then horizontal scrolling is backward. If you swipe left, the page scrolls right and if you swipe right, the page scrolls left. For me, natural scrolling is the way to go.

9. paulsalter macrumors 68000

paulsalter

for switching between desktops I agree, thats why I am giving it another try with the default way

but I cant get my head around swiping right on the trackpad to go back in a webpage, even the back button has an arrow to the left

10. avflinsch macrumors member

I have very mixed feelings about this new "feature".
    I can understand it as moving the document contents about, but it does not really feel right when scrolling with a mouse.

I can see it being very natural to use with a touch screen, but it feels awkward when doing it with a mouse/scroll wheel/track pad.

What I would see useful would be if one had both a mouse/scroll wheel/track pad AND a touch screen. If I were using the touch screen, it would be like moving the document around, while using the pointer device would be moving the document's viewport about.

11. Soliber macrumors regular

Just give it some time. To me it now feels completely natural, whilst the old way of scrolling feels mechanical to me, if that makes any sense :p

12. paulsalter macrumors 68000

paulsalter

been using it for the last 6 hours and i feel the opposite

it just feels awkward and the opposite way of how it should be

vertical scrolling is good with it, horizontal just seems wrong