Trackpad issue in Win7 using SnowL BC 3.0 drivers?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by drayon, Jul 10, 2009.

1. drayon macrumors 6502

Background: I ran Win7 on my early 2008 Penryn MBP and installed the BootCamp v2.1 drivers. Unfortunately using the trackpad was a major problem. Two finger scrolling and Two finger on pad to right click had issues where the window would scroll crazy fast to the bottom of the page with minor finger movement and when touching the pad with two fingers the cursor would fly off to the edge of the display somewhere at random. These gestures work perfectly in OS X but in Windows the trackpad was not usable without major annoyance.

Im wondering if anyone has installed the BootCamp v3.0 drivers that are on the Snow Leopard Preview10A380+ builds on Win7 on their early 2008 Penryn MBP and have they noticed an improvement in the trackpad drivers which do not so signs of erratic two finger gesture behavior?

If only I could install Win7 on an external FW drive I could test. I'm completely out of space on my internal to make a partition for Win7 at the moment tho that situation will change in a month.

Any info would be cool

2. Gav Mack macrumors 68020

Gav Mack

Most of the trackpad problems seem to be fixed with the SL beta drivers on my unibody MBP (though I have 380 I'm on an earlier build). The only issue I've found is after a few hibernate cycles the right click becomes inconsistent after usage for 10-20 minutes - working fine on the desktop but not with apps and the notification tray for example. Only a reboot fixes it.

Despite the fact that both 7 and BC 3.0 are beta I've never had a more stable setup with the 3 different MBP's I've owned.