Trackpad issue new i5 pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Amnak, Apr 28, 2010.

1. Amnak macrumors 6502

Has any one else had track pad issues .... Mine either jitters around the screen by it self or doesn't want to move unles I have like four fingers on the track pad which should cause my windows to hide but they don't ... This only happens after using it a few minutes some times as little as 15 to 20 minutes.

My real issue though is that this computer is my replacement from my best buy warranty which I basically had to fight for... When I called apple they told me they didn't have my serial number on record ??? And that I should take it back to best buy..... But here is the tricky part I can't fined my recite which won't really help because it only says I payed 100$ which was the tax from the computer .... I hate hate hate this best buy.... Should I take it to Apple or Best Buy and how do I prove my purchase to Apple???

2. paintballswimgu macrumors 6502

to prove your purchase to apple. I just thought you had to register your computer with their online site

3. Amnak thread starter macrumors 6502

O you know what that makes perfect sense the obvious is less obvious when your searching for an answer.

4. Relznuk macrumors 6502

Relznuk

Actually, the registration page explicitly states that registration is not necessary for the warranty.

5. Amnak thread starter macrumors 6502

Hmm interesting I wonder if a track pad is something they would try and fix on sight or send out or just swap me a new one?

6. tekmoe macrumors 68000

Have you tried resetting the PMU? Shut down your computer, hold down SHIFT-OPTION-COMMAND on the left side of the keyboard, press the power button, wait 5 seconds, and press the power button again to boot the computer.

7. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Ask Best Buy for a replacement receipt. (Just to be clear that's a replacement of the original receipt)

8. Amnak thread starter macrumors 6502

No I haven't I'll try it what does it do?