Trackpad issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Andrew83Ga, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Andrew83Ga macrumors regular

I'm always super careful with my MBP, after admittedly not being so with my previous Gateway POS.

This morning, I was drying dishes and heard a new message pop up, so I (thought) and dried my hands sufficiently enough and went to barely tap the trackpad just enough to wake the screen....I go back 5 minutes later, and see a small bit a water on it. I immediately wiped it best I could, but since then the trackpad has been acting up. The gesturing never stopped functioning, but the clicking part was speratic. Also, things would highlight randomly and that was almost uncontrolled.

It seems to have resolved itself for the most part, I guess it's dried out. I really wasn't much water AT ALL. I guess I'm not asking advice, but has this happened to anyone else? To be honest, the trackpad acts goofy sometimes anyway. IE...not responsive like it should be sometimes, etc...Does finger grease build up cause that?

2. Resist macrumors 68030

Not happened to me, nor has finger oil been an issue.

3. iPhone1 macrumors 65816

iPhone1

4. Resist macrumors 68030

The only issue I have had is with the keyboard getting shiny spots from finger oil. My spacebar has a shiny spot after only two weeks use. I have tried cleaning it and can get it less noticeable, but it's clearly a wear mark as it won't completely come off. And yes maybe I should have used a keyboard skin to prevent it, but I hate those things. Beside, who would have thought the keys would wear down so easily in such a short period of time.