trackpad issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by itzkol, Apr 23, 2018.

1. itzkol macrumors newbie

I have a macbook pro 2011. After an update I've been having problems with my left click not working. Thought it could be the trackpad going bad but I tried plugging an external mouse and the left click still didnt work. The right click works and if i try to drag the mouse around it will have the drag box and highlight anything I go over. I should also not this only happens when I plug in my laptop to charge at work. I took it to a repair shop and told them what was happening. They tried to get the issue to happen but it wouldn't happen. The left clicked worked fine. MAKES NO SENSE. So I they told me to take it back to work and try a different charger. I did that and the LEFT CLICKED STOPPED WORKING AGAIN. I dont get it. I seems to only be happening when I plug in my charger at work. I tried it with two different chargers and the same issue. Any one have any idea whats going on? It would be a great help.

I am running latest version of OS X.

2. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

Get your battery checked. What you’re describing is a common symptom of your battery swelling and putting pressure on the trackpad.

3. itzkol thread starter macrumors newbie

The battery was recently replaced. It has 64 cycle count and is not swelling.

4. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

Even a new battery can go bad. You have no way of knowing it's not swelling if you don't get it checked.
    It's just that what you're describing is very common for swelling batteries.

At any rate that's the assistance I can offer. Perhaps someone else will chime in with advice that you prefer.

Best of luck.

5. itzkol thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you for helping!