TrackPad Issues - 2 Finger Swipe

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kjaxplicit24, Dec 5, 2010.

1. kjaxplicit24 macrumors regular

A similar thread has been opened but with no help from the community. Here's hoping a second go around will yield better results.

I have a mid-2009 13 inch mbp and I have been having problems with 2 finger swiping on the trackpad. When I use two finger swipe up/down for scrolling through websites in Safari, it also does Expose as if I am using 4 fingers. This only happens when I try to scroll through a page fast. Can anyone offer some advice? It's incredibly frustrating.:mad:

Thanks everyone!

2. BittenApple macrumors 6502a

BittenApple

You mean for moving between webpages? That requires a 3 Finger swipe across the direction you want to go.

3. kjaxplicit24 thread starter macrumors regular

No I mean scrolling up and down in a webpage, or within any program for that matter. Using two finger gesture up and down too fast will bring up expose.

4. BittenApple macrumors 6502a

BittenApple

Ahh, sorry for the misunderstanding. Have you done a clean install of Mac OS X lately? It might be a hardware issue or software, but if it does it on a clean install it might indicate something wrong with the trackpad. Does this happen when you made a new account on your Mac and login into it and scroll around?

5. kjaxplicit24 thread starter macrumors regular

Well, I just logged in and out of my account and it doesnt seem to be having the issue anymore. Very weird considering restarting the computer had no effect. Either way thank you for your help! Any idea what was causing the issue that logging in and out could have rectified?

6. kjaxplicit24 thread starter macrumors regular

7. kjaxplicit24 thread starter macrumors regular

I dont want to do a clean install because I don't want to lose all of my data. Restoring from a Time Machine backup will just bring the problem back...correct me if I am wrong?

8. skipthekang macrumors newbie

Magic Prefs??

Hi,
    I have/had the same problem, but I just deactivated magicprefs (for Magic Mouse) and I feel like this solved the problem.
    I did not really test it yet, but maybe this helps you as well...

Give it a try and post your result...