Trackpad Issues on my Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by njunderground, Apr 8, 2010.

1. njunderground macrumors newbie

Hello,

This morning i started having some issues with my trackpad on my macbook pro. I can use the trackpad and light click, but i can't actually press down and click with the trackpad, which creates a problem when i want to drag.

I turned on my girlfriend's macbook pro to check her settings to see what the difference was. She has everything checked in the "two fingers" "three fingers" and "four fingers" categories. However, when i go into my settings to check those categories, i'm not given the option of checking the boxes. I took a screen shot to show what my setting box looks like. How can I check these boxes? Any help is greatly appreciated!

[​IMG]

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Those trackpad multitouch gestures are already enabled as long as they appear there in that window. In 10.6 you can disable some of those features selectively if you want, but not in 10.5 as your girlfriend appears to be running on her system.

3. njunderground thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, Jedi. That makes sense now.

So would you have any idea why i can't click with my trackpad? I press down and it makes the click and sounds and feels find, but it just doesn't actually click on anything. the rest of the trackpad seems to be working.

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

That would warrant a trip to the Apple Store if possible.