Trackpad issues with OS X Yosemite

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by Gildarts, Nov 22, 2014.

1. Gildarts, Nov 22, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2014

Gildarts macrumors regular

So today I updated my mid-2012 11" MBA from OS X Mavericks to OS X Yosemite 10.10.1 and I've been experiencing trackpad issues.

Basically, all gestures except for scrolling, clicking, selecting and dragging have stopped working. Gestures for:
    - Mission control
    - Exposé
    - Launchpad
    - Swiping between fullscreen apps
    - Swipe from the right for Notification Center and widgets
    - Gesture to show desktop/hide open apps

What still works:
    - Three finger drag and move
    - Scrolling
    - Clicking

It was working right after the update. Then it started to get buggy. Launchpad gesture was the first to go away and now all of the aforementioned have stopped working.

I'm sure that with a restart it would probably work but I can't right now since I'm backing up to my Time Capsule/Time Machine.

(it needs to back up 20GB and it has already started so I don't feel like stopping the proces now seeing as there are workarounds for my problems.)

Has anyone else experienced this?

2. MisterPunchy, Nov 22, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2014

MisterPunchy macrumors regular

Yep. I'm on a recent model Macbook Air, running Yosemite 10.10.1. Virtually every time it goes to sleep, or I open the lid after closing it, the trackpad has some issue that makes the system unusable.
    Most often, it's "left-clicking", or the primary click, that won't function. So, I can't select anything, even from the dock or menu bar. Also, the cursor's "hover-over" stops working, so I can't even highlight a menu item or app in the dock, or text in a document, etc...
    The only solution has been the temporary, non-solution of powering the Macbook down and restarting. Then things work normally - until I wake it from sleep, open the lid, etc...
    I'm trying disabling Bluetooth right now, to see if that helps (per a suggestion I read on some other thread...)

Let me know if you get it sorted!

EDIT/UPDATE: Disabling BlueTooth DOES seem to have helped... No more issues today since doing that. It's not a real solution - but it is a workaround for now.