Trackpad Issues

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nicksmolenski, Aug 11, 2011.

1. nicksmolenski macrumors regular

nicksmolenski

hey guys. so i have a 13" mid 2009 model, and my trackpad has been getting worse by the week. i usually use the tap to click option so the only time i actually push the trackpad down is when i'm dragging something.
    when i just tap the trackpad works fine. however sometimes i have to click down three times before i can drag anything. it usually works in the bottom right hand corner, but nowhere else.

is my trackpad getting worn down? i'm thinking about getting a new laptop after the next refresh, so i don't want to send it to apple and pay for a replacement. basically i want to know if my trackpad will last until next year or if it's going to get to become unusable.

2. Detrius macrumors 68000

Trackpads are not particularly expensive. The labor varies from model to model, as on some of them, the logic board has to be removed in order to route the cable under it, but on most machines, it's really easy to replace (so long as you have the appropriate tri-lobe or penta-lobe screwdriver to remove the battery). Ease of replacement implies lower cost of labor.

3. nicksmolenski thread starter macrumors regular

nicksmolenski

okay i guess i will get it checked out then. thanks for the help :)