Trackpad Left Click on Unibody 13" Macbook Pro, Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Velin, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Velin macrumors 65816

Velin

Anyone else having issues with the left click on their unibody aluminum Mackbook Pro when running Windows 7?

Left click isn't working properly. Clicks don't register. It takes multiple clicks to select anything (web links, files, operating system dialog boxes and buttons, etc.) Strangely, right click seems to work every time.

No trackpad issues in OS X.

Any ideas or thoughts?

2. Velin thread starter macrumors 65816

Velin

So no one else with this problem I guess.

Left click seems to work fine in OSX. Why would I have an issue only in Windows.

Bootcamp drivers not officially supporting Windows 7 perhaps?

3. 1ofthedavids macrumors regular

Well, you're right with boot camp doesn't support Windows 7 yet. It works (for most people), but it's not supported.

Meanwhile, I haven't had any issues with Windows 7 x64 in Boot Camp. Left and Right click works just as expected.

4. ltldrummerboy macrumors 68000

ltldrummerboy

You're not the only one. I have problems launching games in Steam because left click won't register. Hopefully a driver update will fix it sometime in the near future.

5. matthewpomar macrumors newbie

No clicks for me...

Yeh, I have a mid 2010 MacBook Pro 13" running Windows 7 Pro 64-bit and the trackpad registers only some of my clicks when I press the bottom left corner of the trackpad. Works pefect in OS X.

Took it to Apple and they said they don't support Windows. They told me the only thing I can do is find someone to support Windows or post an entry on Apple Feedback to report a bug in the Trackpad driver software.

Did you ever solve your problem?

- Matt