Trackpad makes annoying clicking noises

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lionkin, Nov 27, 2014.

1. lionkin macrumors regular

lionkin

I just got my new 2014 15inch rmbp. The first two weeks the trackpad was not making any clicking sound.The beginning of this week it start making clicking sound and it's annoying.It didn't effect the performance of the trackpad. Is it worth to replace it? Or should I just keep my laptop? Anybody experience this issue before?

2. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

I've had this annoying "double-click" like sound on my late 2012 13" rMBP. It does not persist all the time and was not reproducible in store when I took it in. They refused to do anything about it and now its out of warranty. I have just learned to cope with it whenever it strikes.

3. lionkin thread starter macrumors regular

lionkin

I went to apple store they offer to replace the unibody lower case but I am busy guy and I can't be without my laptop for work. I don't have another laptop to wait for repair therefore all of my must have programs are in my laptop.

4. Zerka macrumors member

You can always enable the feature that allows you to just tap the touch pad to click instead of actually pressing it down so you won't have to hear it (if that's your style)

5. blooperz macrumors 6502

I don't understand...the trackpad is supposed to make a clicking noise when pressed, if anything there was something wrong when it wasn't making a noise.

6. lionkin thread starter macrumors regular

lionkin

I know the trackpad suppose to make click noise when you press but my problem if you just touch the trackpad it makes tapping noise without pressing but just touching. Watch this video for example, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY-qFgy1LTA

7. blooperz macrumors 6502

That makes more sense, it wasn't very clear in the original post. Just tested mine is it sort of does that in certain areas of the trackpad if I tap with just enough force...Doesn't affect my use in any way though and doesn't happen when I tap normally. I'd suggest holding it onto it for now, and when you have a period where you be be temporarily without a machine take it to apple and have the work done if its bothering you. Should be fine as long as it's still under warranty.

8. lionkin thread starter macrumors regular

lionkin

I am hoping January would be my break month from work and will take it to apple store to fix it.