Trackpad, mouse, keyboard

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by mattpreston11, Nov 15, 2010.

1. mattpreston11 macrumors 6502a

Just got the magic trackpad (gift) wondering how people arrange it on their desk? Finding that if i put it right next to the keyboard i accidentally knock it while typing, I really don't think its a mouse replacement so the mouse will stay on the right. Has anyone got it to work day to day?

2. rgarjr, Nov 15, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2010

rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Put it on the Left side of the keyboard and learn how to use it there.

3. santaliqueur macrumors 6502a

I use a regular mouse, a keyboard, and the trackpad on the left for gestures only. I downloaded better touch tool and learned to use the trackpad with my left hand. Works out well so far.

4. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

Interesting. I am left handed, but a right hand mouse user. That arrangement might work out pretty well for me.

5. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

I also I'm trying to learn how to use the trackpad on the left side since I like using my mouse as well. Takes some time to get used to though.

6. gnychis macrumors 6502

7. rkb macrumors member

As of today, trackpad in and magic mouse out and I have yet to find a downside. Dividing my time between my iMac and my MacBook Air the continuity of trackpad use is nice.

8. bigmike7801 macrumors newbie

I never thought about putting it on the left hand side. That's a good tip!

Also, has anybody noticed their wrists getting tired at all? I used the Bamboo touch at work for a couple days but had to switch to a Logitech Ergo mouse because my wrists just got way too tired from the Bamboo.