Trackpad not working

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Chimaobi, Nov 25, 2010.

1. Chimaobi, Nov 25, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2010

Chimaobi macrumors newbie

Hey all.

I recently discovered that I had a host of problems and thought it was due to my fresh partition and install of W7. See the range of issues in a previous post here.

It was my suspicion that bootcamp/W7 had broken OS X somehow. Grannyville advised me to back-up and re-install OS X, I did and all problems disappeared (haven't booted up in W7 yet though).

But now, a whole day after the re-install, some of the problems are back and I'm getting NERVOUS.

My trackpad isn't responding to four or three-finger swipes, only two-finger.

PLUS, everytime I boot up, I get no sound, because for some reason it is configured to Soundflower 2ch, so I have to switch it back to system sound or headphones.

Who know what this might be a about?

*p.s: I have a combined update (10.6.5) waiting for me that is 1gig (!) that I haven't installed yet, but I somehow doubt that will fix it (then again, what do I know).

All input appreciated.

Cheers,

- Chimaobi

2. Chimaobi thread starter macrumors newbie

No response, eh?

In case nobody has any leads within the next 24, does anybody know if sending Apple an e-mail might help? I could of course stop by the local store, but sometimes I wonder if Apple has an HQ chock full of people with nothing do but help us paying customers. Mwahahaha.

- Chi