Trackpad on Macbook

DanielGilbert

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2006
London, UK
Well, I've just got my shiny new macbook, which I'm absolutely loving :D

However, I have a problem with it, which I'm wondering if anyone can help with. My trackpad is horribly unresponsive at times, meaning I can only move the cursor about 1cm across the screen when I use the complete width of the trackpad. However, a few minutes later, it may work fine, or it may be slightly more responsive but stop responding at intervals while I move my finger over the trackpad. I know two other people with Macbooks whose trackpads seem fine - the only difference between the Macbooks, is that mine only has 512mb RAM but they have 1gb. Any ideas?

EDIT: I've tried turning the sensitivity up

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
May 29, 2005
That's odd; go to an Apple Store, they might replace it on the spot or send it in.

That's really weird; it's not normal by any means; call them if you do not live by an Apple store.

DanielGilbert

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2006
London, UK
I've just disabled "Ignore accidental trackpad movement", which seems to be helping, but the trackpad still seems to have the problem that it'll think I have two fingers on the trackpad when I only have one, and start scrolling :(

pianoman

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2006
it's broken. take it to an Apple store or call AppleCare and have them replace it.

lopezlist

macrumors newbie
May 4, 2009
Same Problem

I had the same problem and my trackpad just got progressively worse. I took it to the Genius Bar and they gladly fixed it. On my Genius Bar Work Authorization form it says:

Issue Description: Trackpad intermittently unresponsive; sometimes unit will not complete click; customer cannot tell if button is successfully pressed

Well, the resolution to this was that they will replace the trackpad/topcase.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.