Trackpad on new Aluminium Macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ToothBeaver, Oct 19, 2008.

1. ToothBeaver macrumors newbie

Hi all,

Just wondering how others are adapting to the new buttonless style trackpad? I love the feel/texture of the trackpad, but have found it a bit tricky to aim and click sometimes-- what I mean is, once I position the cursor over the button/link/whatever I want to click, and then press down, I find often this action moves the cursor as I click-- meaning a few misses occur!

I realise this is a coordination issue on my part :), I guess I'm used to resting my thumb on the lower part of the trackpad as well, and now that counts as a second finger press.

Just wondering how others have found this?

Loving the machine anyway :)

2. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

do you have to lift you finger when you click? like when right clicking on a Mighty Mouse? that might be the problem… if so that would suck!

3. duffyanneal macrumors 6502a

duffyanneal

I'm not sure if I can get used to using only one finger. What throws me off is the amount of pressure needed to activate the click. It varies depending on finger position. I find myself using the touchpad the same way I use my other notebooks. I rest my thumb at the bottom of the pad and use it to click. That motion works well, and I get a repetitive and satisfying click every time. :D

You don't have to lift any fingers.

4. thetinman macrumors member

thetinman

I like it but i got to say i keep on changing the font size all the time which can be annoying!

5. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

so you can only use one finger when clicking? im not sure as i dont have a new MacBook.

6. duffyanneal macrumors 6502a

duffyanneal

Nope you can use two just like a normal trackpad.

7. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

8. comictimes macrumors 6502a

comictimes

I'm really having no problems with it... Half the time I just keep my thumb on the bottom of the trackpad where the button would normally be, and that doesn't screw with actually moving the cursor around at all. Also I just the the trackpad to click a lot of the time (rather than actually pushing down).

I do feel that the "button" part of the trackpad is actually a little bit too stiff.. I feel like it was slightly easier to press on my black macbook. Maybe that's just my imagination though.