Trackpad or Mouse? (Your Preference?)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by HappyDude20, Feb 7, 2010.

?

Trackpad or Mouse?

1. I prefer the trackpad

27 vote(s)
    48.2%
  2. I prefer using a mouse

29 vote(s)
    51.8%
  1. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

Earlier today I got a mighty mouse from a friend and i've enjoyed it for the past few hours however hve admittedly become accustomed to the trackpad being so close to the keyboard. It seems using a mouse has caused a disruption in my productive/work-flow.

Simple Q: Do you prefer trackpad or mouse?

2. Sanderr macrumors regular

Really depends on where and how i am working. I like to have my mouse to the right of my keyboard. So when I am working without my ext monitor, I hook up my mouse. When I have the ext plugged in, I place my MB to the right of my keyboard so I have all the multitouch features. I especially like 360 degree scrolling when using photoshop.

3. kny3twalker macrumors 65816

kny3twalker

4. NetShroud macrumors newbie

NetShroud

Depends. For almost anything, I prefer a mouse over a regular trackpad. But for anything except web browsing (I miss my middle-click/scroll-wheel-click) and playing games (FPS/RTS), I prefer the multitouch trackpad over a mouse.

5. pit29 macrumors 6502a

pit29

+1!

6. Shaduu macrumors 6502a

Shaduu

Wholly depends on what I'm doing.

For the majority of daily tasks such as web browsing and general computing, I prefer the trackpad.

For Photoshop, FCP and games, I far prefer a decent mouse.

7. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    I can't use a mouse anymore. It feels like a fun novelty for a few mintes, but it's too slow. I think after using a trackpar for.. must be 7 or 8 years now straight, it's hard to adjust. I have a wireless Apple mouse, not the new one, the older one everyone whines about, and it's nice.. just seems pointless to have one hand away from the keyboard :cool:

I even PvP on trackpads now, guys in game can't believe it when I tell them either. I tried gaming on my gf's new MBP multitouch trackpad... it's not so great really. Not so responsive and sticks a lot on some functions (like click and drag to move a camera). My older MBP trackpad although a lot simpler had been excellent..

8. DJ90 macrumors member

9. Gloor macrumors 6502a

Well, it depends on what you are doing. I think you should include tablet too :)

For me, trackpad is something that is really slow and very limiting and often too complicated for stuff like holding right click whilst dragging etc.

Anyway, for me it goes like this:

Desktop and Laptop (same usage)

gaming - mouse
    maya and general work - tablet (Intuos 4)
    travelling or just simple web browsing or emails - trackpad

10. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Mouse all the way for me. Even when I travel I include a mouse, just find it easier to interact with the computer with a mouse over the trackpad.

11. chrislaw macrumors 6502a

chrislaw

i love the trackpad... though when i use the mouse it tends to be on a windows based pc.

maybe when my iMac gets here and i use the magic mouse i will prefer that.

12. ozreth macrumors 65816

ozreth

Ive been a computer gamer for years so I am used to navigating screens with a mouse.

13. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

gft!!

i use the trackpad more than my mouse.. i do prefer a mouse when working in photoshop or playing games though.

14. hellric macrumors member

I was a mouse user until my Mighty Mouse was too difficult to clean, then I used the trackpad and now I prefer trackpad on my macbook pro, but only in Mac OS X, in Windows 7 I prefer a mouse (Logitech MX Revolution)

15. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I love the mouse, but of course I will not use a mouse with a laptop.

16. Gonzo3333 macrumors 6502a

Gonzo3333

As much as I like the trackpad on the MacBooks I have to say that the mouse is much easier for me to use. I will only use the trackpad when I absolutely have to which is usually never.

17. Niiro13 macrumors 68000

If I have to move the cursor a lot (coding, editing, etc.), then mouse. Trackpad for the simpler stuffs.

18. Alvi macrumors 65816

Alvi

IF I just browse the web and do my usual workflow the Trackpad is great
    IF I start my Power workflow which means photo/video/3D editing i totally prefer the mouse