Trackpad/pointer doing things on its own??

lschultz777

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 20, 2009
My pointer/trackpad is doing weird things on its own. :confused:

1 example: if my pointer is sitting idle it displays a drop down box that says "Back,forward, stop, bookmark this page, send link, view all,and various other selections." Another example, if I use the trackpad to go to an icon on my dock, sometimes it takes the icon and takes if off dock and removes it. Another example, if I'm down at the bottom of my screen and typing like I am now, I get done and say I scroll up to the top to go somewhere else, all the areas that I traveled across get highlighted ( like a paste and copy highlight). I have checked my settings in trackpad and that looks fine. I have rebooted, shut down, unplugged my internet and even went to disk utilities and repair. I am at witts end !!

I did notice this after I have visited a site to order something that I needed to add a picture too. In order for me to drag my picture to thing I was ordering I needed to use their tool. It was after this that my pointer/track pad has been working weird.

Any ideas????????

BlueRevolution

macrumors 603
Jul 26, 2004
Montreal, QC
I did notice this after I have visited a site to order something that I needed to add a picture too. In order for me to drag my picture to thing I was ordering I needed to use their tool. It was after this that my pointer/track pad has been working weird.
This may well be the culprit. What site was it?