Trackpad Preferences

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Provio, Nov 21, 2011.

1. Provio macrumors newbie

I have a 13" Macbook Pro laptop and the mouse of the trackpad works just fine but the bottom right hand corner and bottom left hand corner clicks doesn't work. They were working just fine last week and someone messed with it and now it doesn't work. I went to trackpad preferences and under Two Fingers the only preference I can change is Secondary Tap the rest is just a list. Three Fingers and Four Fingers I can not change any preference there as well. How can I get it so that the preferences can be changed?

2. dusk007 macrumors 68040

dusk007

What do you mean bottom right corner or bottom left corner clicks?
    There is only either or. You can set secondary click to say the bottom right corner (which is under "One Finger" options, no Idea what you are looking for in "Two Finger" options). If you do that the left (primary) click will still be all over the touchpad except for that specific corner.

The secondary tab option is what I would recommend. It just makes a secondary click if you tab with two fingers. Way more convenient works everywhere on the touchpad and you never make mistakes. The Bottom right corner click always led to confusion when I tried click&dragging stuff.

Set tab to click and secondary tab and you will never need to actually click (press) the touchpad for anything but click&hold operations like drag&drop, for which you don't need a secondary mouse button.

BTW once you master that install BetterTouchTool and experience the true purpose of that great touchpad.