Trackpad problem as related to Text Enterting (Please respond if you experience)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JayKay321, Nov 11, 2008.

1. JayKay321 macrumors member

I've noticed that the nonmoving mouse trackpad issue (*not* the unresponsive trackpad clicks issue) is directly related to text entering. Others on this board have mentioned this as well.

Entering anything in a text field (such as this forum post, word document, etc) and immediately moving along the trackpad to find the pointer almost always triggers a non response. The pointer doesn't appear at all for a few seconds despite moving my finger back and forth on the glass trackpad constantly.

Please respond if you can trigger the nonresponsive pointer after entering text.

I think being able to reproduce the error (ie: at the genius bar) easily and consistently will show apple that this is a relevant issue, and at least may help you get an exchange if that's what you're looking for. The problem with the unresponsive click issue is that it's very difficult to reproduce. I've found that with almost any product, if a problem can't be replicated right then and there, most companies simply don't take your complaint seriously.

2. Coolnat2004 macrumors 6502

Coolnat2004

I'm able to move the cursor directly after entering text, and even during. The only issue I've had is that sometimes it won't register clicks. I haven't had this issue with cursor movement.