Trackpad problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ophidean, Nov 8, 2007.

1. ophidean macrumors member

Hey everyone :)

I've noticed from time to time when I wake my MBP up the trackpad is jumpy. It skips around the screen, not fluid at all. It doesn't happen every time, but enough to be annoying. The only way to fix it thus far is for me to reboot. It started after installing Leopard. Any ideas?

2. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

I too have noticed this problem on my SR mbp. I believe it to be a software glitch, and I'm assuming that it will be dealt with in .1. I suggest you reduce your 'tracking speed' until that happens; I believe it will cut down on the "jumpiness" of your cursor.

Go to

:apple:
    System Preferences
    Keyboard & Mouse

Reduce the speed under "tracking speed" and you might notice fewer random cursor movements.

3. GoxKok macrumors member

GoxKok

Just noticed it today too...

Works just fine after startup :confused:

4. benguin macrumors newbie

I didn't remember before, but I haven't had the keyboard not working problem once. And I usually have the jumpy mouse problem. The main annoying thing though, is how long it takes to go to sleep.

I wonder how many of us with problems upgraded rather than Archive & Install? I got this MBP with a fresh install of Tiger, imported all my data from my old PB, then upgraded to Leopard. I'm considering doing a fresh install to see if it'd fix it.