Trackpad Problems in Vista Business

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by ChePibe, Aug 6, 2007.

1. ChePibe macrumors member

I've just installed Vista Business (32-bit this time) and it's working great with the exception of one thing - the trackpad.

Clicking with the trackpad does not work at all at this time. I can left-click with the button just fine, but I cannot click (left or right) with the trackpad, nor can I find a way of configuring the trackpad to allow me to do this in the Control panel.

What can I do to get this working?

Thanks in advance!

2. ChePibe thread starter macrumors member

I should also point out that two-fingered scrolling works just fine. This is an interesting problem.

3. ChePibe thread starter macrumors member

4. caseykl macrumors newbie

I'm having the exact same problem my trackpad in Vista Business. It's incredibly annoying. I've googled the problem and haven't found any solution. I hoped it would be fixed in boot camp 1.4, but no luck.

Can we do anything besides wait for the next version of Boot Camp?

5. zhespelt macrumors newbie

Vista Business trackpad error on Macbook Pro

Having the same problem as the rest of you it seems. I found that if you open device manager => human interface => apple trackpad, then either rollback/update or disable/enable the driver it fixes it for anywhere from a few minutes to about 1/2 an hour. I use Vista for software dev and to play some games, so losing the ability to control my pointer every few minutes is a real bummer. Hopefully Apple/Microsoft will see enough of us with this problem and quickly fix it.