Trackpad Proposition

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Doublewire, Dec 7, 2008.

1. Doublewire macrumors member

Doublewire

I absolutely love the trackpad on the MacBook. It is perhaps my favorite feature, however, I think it would be cool if the 3-finger "swipe-to-navigate" gesture (which takes you forward or backward in safari or firefox) had something similar to a double click, where you'd swipe it 2 times quickly, and it could shift you through tabs? :O

2. sine-nomine macrumors regular

lol, I actually found myself trying to do that earlier tonight, so yeah, I second that.

3. alvse macrumors regular

alvse

I find myself trying to 2-finger scroll with my windows notebook at work... I :( when I remember it's not a macbook

4. nope7308 macrumors 65816

nope7308

Interesting idea! I was thinking of a gesture to swipe between tabs as well, but I'm not sure if the 3 finger swipe would work. I mean, you would have to swipe pretty fast or else be taken back a page. Additionally, if one of the quick swipes doesn't register, then again you would be taken back to the previous page (imagine how aggravating that would be!).

Hmm, any other possibilities? I wonder if we could put any of these into practice via firefox/multiclutch?

5. danvan21 macrumors regular

you actually cn do those things with a thing called multiclutch. It can add multitouch gestures universally or to a specific program here is a picture of mine for firefox. Thee fingers up/down to change taps and three left or right to go back/forward.

Attached Files:

6. nope7308 macrumors 65816

nope7308

Freakin' amazing! Why did I not think of this sooner? Thanks for the very helpful suggestion!!

7. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

Oh sweet.

Didn't realize there was a way to get swipe gestures in Firefox.

Thanks for the tip!

8. thanachai macrumors member

I've been using three finger swipes left/right to to back and forward in FF for some time now. I remember installing multiclutch but ended up uninstalling it. I searched in Spotlight for multiclutch and there are no signs of it. Does this make any sense? I have a new 2.4 AluMac.

9. nope7308 macrumors 65816

nope7308

Multiclutch is not a native app... you have to download it online (it's free). Just google it and c'est la vie (I think... I failed french throughout elementary/high school haha).

10. thanachai macrumors member

Just Google it and ... That's life? :)

Yep I remember installing it and uninstalling it. But I'm still able to 3 finger swipe to go back and forward in FF.

11. nope7308 macrumors 65816

nope7308

I knew I failed it for a reason! Oh well, I guess I'll never be prime minister...

Hmm, that's odd. Oh well, now you know how to get everything else back. Enjoy!