Trackpad question?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by foreverandalway, Sep 28, 2011.

1. foreverandalway macrumors member

As of today I've noticed my trackpad not working correctly.

Usually I can use the whole trackpad with no issues but when I've used it today I've noticed in some spots it works fast/normal and others it's really slow[almost like a start and stop motion].

Will I need to get a new trackpad to fix it/what could be causing the problem?

I moved the speed of the trackpad up a little just to test it and I found that it still did the start and stop motion but it was a little faster as well. But then the spots acting normal were really fast.

2. ZZ Bottom macrumors 6502a

In case you haven't already, try giving it a good cleaning with a dampened microfiber cloth to make sure there isn't any residue on the surface causing the problem. Beyond that I would take it for a repair/replacement.

3. foreverandalway thread starter macrumors member

Thank you!

It probably is a major issue because I cleaned it and it was still happening.

Now what I'm getting is sometimes the mouse will move/highlight or left click random words I'm typing.

4. ZZ Bottom macrumors 6502a

I had to replace a couple of these when working as a technician. In most cases I couldn't replicate the problem, but in the interest of keeping a happy customer I ordered a replacement part anyway. If you're still covered under warranty you should have no trouble getting the trackpad replaced. Depending on which MBP you have, you may have to check the computer in for service rather than a repair on the spot.

5. foreverandalway thread starter macrumors member

For some reason it's now working fine.

I was going to schedule an appointment at apple but I guess I'll wait and if it comes back again then I'll take it in.