Trackpad Question

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by tecnho, May 20, 2015.

1. tecnho macrumors 6502

Apr 13, 2015
    I am having trouble enabling dragging "with drag lock" in the trackpad options in accessibility. I have it set to enable dragging with drag lock but when I lift my finger after dragging a file or a window- it stops the drag process and requires me to select again to continue to drag. Am I doing something wrong? I am new to Yosemite, but I figured since there is a chance that the new trackpad could be a contributing factor to this issue, I would just post here and see if anyone else has been having difficulties.
  2. tecnho thread starter macrumors 6502

Apr 13, 2015
    Disregard. I have figured out the issue. It seems the effective way of dragging a window is by double tapping as opposed to double clicking. Seeing as I have transferred from an early 2008 MB I was unfamiliar with clickable trackpads, and I now learned that the ol' fashioned double tap enables the desirable continuous drag until tapping again to cancel.
  3. Kiwi 99 macrumors regular

Kiwi 99

Apr 4, 2011
    Have you tried 3-finger drag instead? (On same accessibility panel)
    I switched to 3-finger drag a few years ago and haven't looked back (as well as tap-to-click). I never press down on the trackpad at all, just gestures on the surface. Might be worth a look while you're adjusting anyway
  4. tecnho thread starter macrumors 6502

Apr 13, 2015

I tried that briefly, but as far as I can tell the gestures for mission control and exposè revert automatically to 4 finger gestures when 3 finger drag is enabled.