Trackpad replacement

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by knlawledge, Dec 19, 2009.

1. knlawledge macrumors newbie

I am new to the Mac world (Mac book 5,1). I went to apple store today to tell them about my track pad being stuck/mushy on the right side. To my surprise the genius bar rep looked at the track pad and said it will need to be replaced. He ordered the part and will call me when it’s in. The question I forgot to ask him...is how long will it take for this track pad replacement service to be done? I am just wondering if anyone has had this done.

Thanks

2. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

Usually just depends on how much work they have. If the part is the only thing that's being waited on, maybe a day or two for delivery. If they checked your computer in for the repair, it could be about five days, give or take.

3. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

Something like a trackpad should be able to be replaced in store. I doubt it would take over an hour. With the unibodies all they have to do is remove the battery and if I remember right remove 5 screws. The next trackpad would fit right in. They may run a few test to make sure it works. SHould be rather quick.

4. knlawledge thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for all the information. That helps me out a lot.

5. knlawledge thread starter macrumors newbie

*update*

Well i just returned from the Genius Bar with outstanding service. They replaced my trackpad in 30min. Thanks again for the info.